We are a unique Intellectual Property Firm specialised in working with startups and scaleups and are always looking for dynamic team players to join our team. Our company is headquartered in Cambridge (UK), with offices in London (UK), New Delhi (IN), Wrocław (PL), Lund (Sweden), New York (USA) and Porto Alegre (Brazil).
Candidates must be eligible to work in the selected location without the need to apply for a work permit.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
Current open positions
European Patent Attorney / Europejski Rzecznik Patentowy
Locations: Cambridge (UK), Wrocław (PL)
We are looking for qualified or part-qualified European Patent Attorneys who wish to use their Intellectual Property expertise in a wider business context, to provide hands-on IP support that aligns with our clients’ business goals. You will need strong patent experience and an ability to be flexible in your approach to succeed in this role. Previous experience in working in-house, or in a startup is a big plus.
- Drafting and reviewing of patent applications.
- Conducting patent prosecution and enforcement.
- Reviewing official correspondence from the patent offices, and preparing and reviewing responses.
- Proactively managing and monitoring execution of deliverables.
- Communicating directly with clients about their IP matters and working closely with external partners, including face-to-face meetings and phone calls from day one.
- Reviewing incoming instructions and being responsible for your own relevant deadlines, replying where appropriate, and saving to electronic files.
- Managing changes in project scope and updating clients on status.
- Supporting other IP managers with their work, attending client meetings to support in technical conversations.
- Providing training to the rest of the team globally.
What we are looking for:
- Qualified (or part-qualified) as a European Patent Attorney (required).
- 2-5 years of relevant experience (preferred domain expertise: ICT, Software & Computing, Mechanical, Med Tech or Life Sciences).
- Excellent English, both written as well as oral.
- Superb oral and written communication skills with the ability to explain legal concepts to non-attorneys on a regular basis over the phone and online, providing clear advice in plain English.
- Ability to manage high volume, complex projects, meet deadlines, prioritise workload and coordinate multiple parties.
- Background in business, consultancy or professional service firms would be a big plus.
- Being willing and able to cover a wide range and level of tasks – from thinking strategically to troubleshooting detail where needed.
- Effective team coordinator and IP portfolio manager.
- Being comfortable in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of autonomy and accountability.
- Experience in trade marks would be a plus.
- Experience in startups or general business would be a big plus.
What we promise
YOU WILL WORK IN INSPIRING ENVIRONMENT.
Our clients come from a variety of industries, and you are responsible for their management from A to Z, instead of drafting OA responses 24/7; The “Z” part of following up on invoices is not that fun but the “A” stage with the bus dev focus provides a fresh breeze into the role every single day!
YOU WILL SEE SEE CUTTING-EDGE FIRST HAND.
We are passionate about our clients and really act as their IP team (even if it means leaving that awesome conference party to file some trade marks the next morning)
YOU WILL ENJOY FLEXIBILITY.
Picking up kids from school? Dentist appointment? We have no 9-5 and can work from home or other locations, we value freedom under responsibility.
YOU WILL BE RATED AND APPRECIATED.
We have no glass ceilings, we let people grow & believe in giving a lot of responsibilities early on to let them spread their wings as quickly as they can. No matter how old you are, no matter how many years of experience you have. We evaluate your work and commitment in our team, here and now. We believe that everyone is the blacksmith of their fate and it depends only on you how quickly your position will develop. We do not believe in automatic promotions, we believe in entrusting more responsibility, taking on new challenges and benefiting from the rewards of success.
YOU WILL LOVE WHAT YOU DO.
Our company provides all the benefits of a boutique firm but offers the same international perspectives as a big corporate. Our clients are both well established big brands as well as startups, from single inventors to unicorns. We support our clients not only by helping with their IP. Our clothes, makeup, sportsgear, jewellery, and hopefully, soon sports cars too, are all our clients’ (majority of these based in the UK, USA, China). Every day is different and we look forward to what another day can bring.
YOUR VOICE WILL BE HEARD.
We let you implement your own ideas and be independent in managing your entrusted field. Your voice is heard, we do not have complicated internal procedures and believe one should always strive for perfection.
YOU WILL LIKE YOUR TEAM.
We not only enjoy working together, but also keeping fit (our lunch-time / after work gym outings), running (our 4th year in Chariots of Fire) and traveling (team meeting in Poland this year). In our diverse team we appreciate amazing Indian, Italian, Nordic, Spanish cuisine and of course a good IPA. No pineapple on pizza please.
If this does not sound compelling, we can add a few more perks (company bike scheme, gym membership), but if the previous points were not enough, we are probably not the right fit!