IP is one of the key assets that businesses rely upon to keep their competitive edge. Growth of the IP portfolio both strengthens business’ position as well as increases the administrative burden. We believe that in-house teams should be empowered to focus on the high value work: protecting the core new inventions and making informed IP strategy decisions based on valuable competitive intelligence. The rest? Leave it to us.
Protect your own innovation
Protecting your own inventions not only safeguards your most valuable assets but also creates limits for your competitors. Locking in your innovation across different technology teams requires smooth processes and set policies to ensure business-critical assets are constantly evaluated for their innovation potential
Keep your competitors at bay
Keep track of your competitors’ IP to always stay ahead. Employ your own picket fence filing strategy and limit their business expansion or aim to remove the key patents, which prevent you from making or selling your products / services
Our Intellectual Property Services
- Technology reports – Our technology & market reports not only direct and steer R&D efforts but also support in technology commercialisation. Output follows input so there is no “one size fits all”
- Freedom to Operate study – Check that you are not infringing your competitors’ patents
- Patent landscape analysis – Discover white spaces in your technology area to drive the R&D efforts of your team
- Competition study – Learn more about your competitors’ patents to employ your own picket fence filing strategy and limit their business expansion
- Invalidity study – Find prior-art that removes key patents of your competitors, which prevent you from making or selling your products / services
- Trade mark alert services – Do not miss out on your competition passing off on your trade marks
- Counterfeit watches – Scan online marketplaces for knock-off products affecting your brands’ reputation
- Portfolio reviews – We conduct special audits to help you make decisions based on both financial forecasting as well as industry benchmark (IP divestment, filing strategy change, TM gaps analysis etc.)
- Temporary staff cover – Regardless if it is a short cover for an overflow work or a few months leave, we will find the right support setup for you using our extended network of 100+ technology experts
- Special projects – Time consuming work which is taking up a disproportionate amount of time within the in house team can be smoothly outsourced, e.g. assignment recordal, agreements review
We are project-based and results-driven. Our fees are flat and we work according to pre-agreed budgets based on your bespoke strategy. We offer smooth registration procedures where available and Not-to-Exceed pricing for the majority of projects that are traditionally delivered on an hourly basis.
How do we work?
We first get to know your business and your plans. We need to understand where you are now and where you plan to be in the next 3-5 years. We engage with your technical and marketing team so that they are aware of IP matters and involved in the process.
Audit of the current IP position
We help flesh out your intangible assets and identify what is worth applying for. We perform necessary searches to discover potential roadblocks early on to make sure that your IP budget is spent on assets that will bring value to your business rather than invite conflicts.
We prepare an IP Strategy Deck (together with a long-term IP budget) which works well as an appendix to your Board Report. We take time to get to know your internal setup so we can identify the team members who will help us execute the strategy, whilst freeing up the C-level executives.
We have our default instructions and work in the background. If there is a decision to be taken which extends beyond the default strategy, we seek your approval. We send monthly invoices for the same amount and add official fees in months where filings occur. You will never get a surprise invoice and we will always flag if additional budget is required. Ad-hoc services are delivered according to a pre-approved pricing schedule.
We 'Keep It Simple, Stupid'
There is no need for 'legalese' in our relationship. We keep our communication digestible without the need for a translator. You get a dedicated account manager whose job is to know your business inside out and coordinate between your team and / or relevant patent / TM experts.
Do you like what you hear?
Take your IP portfolio
to new heights with Basck.
No hourly billing. No surprise invoices.
The first step of your strategy is just a call away.